Wednesday, January 8, 2014

The worst thing about new books is that they keep us from reading the old ones. - John Wooden

And in my world, "new" is a book that I haven't read yet!

Last Christmas I got a Kindle Paperwhite. It truly is a wonderful invention. I admit, I had a hard time converting, especially since, at times, just the weight of a book is comforting (unless it's a textbook!).

I didn't read as much as I wanted to, but I still got over a dozen. Not too bad, considering one was 800+ pages. :) Thank goodness for goodreads for helping me keep this all straight!
  1. The Honest Trust About Dishonesty: How We Lie to Everyone - Especially Ourselves - Dan Ariely
  2. The Virgin Suicides - Jeffrey Eugenides
  3. Beyond Illusions: A Novel - Duong Thu Huong
  4. The Hunger Games Trilogy - Suzanne Collins
  5. Catching Fire - Suzanne Collins
  6. Mockingjay - Suzanne Collins
  7. Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap... and Other's Don't - Jim Collins
  8. One Day - David Nicholls
  9. Ru - Kim Thuy
  10. Running with Scissors - Augusten Burroughs
  11. The Elephant Vanishes - Haruki Murakami
  12. Gone Girl - Gillian Flynn
  13. Wonder - R.J. Palacio
  14. A Game of Thrones - George R.R. Martin
  15. Bossypants - Tina Fey
If you compare to last year, you'll see I have some repeat authors (#2 and #11)

I think I slowed down a little because I started dabbling in my own creative writing. I've gotten a little behind on that because I started a food blog.

Why did I start all these side projects? The question really is, "why not?!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let go of what is gone; be grateful for what remains; look forward to what is coming...

NOTE: Written on March 2, 2020: Pre knowing just how big Covid was... I decided not to rewrite it because it was a simpler time then.  Holy ...